Last updated: April 28, 2019
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USING OUR SERVICES
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1. Information You Provide Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
- Using any of our services, including registering for a User account through the Website
- Making a purchase from us, including registering and enrolling in any Course
- Signing up for email updates
- Uploading or posting to public forums included through the services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Full name, address, telephone number, your organization and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a User account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address if applicable. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we may use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the services. Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third-parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the services
2.2. Participation in Courses.
If you desire to participate in a Course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a Course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. ENLP, or its third-party service providers, may also collect certain information from you in conjunction with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the Course. ENLP may also collect information from you or about your performance or accomplishments related to the Course, such as quiz/exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations and other evaluations of your performance or accomplishments.
2.3. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
2.3.1. Analytics Information
We also use or may use these technologies to help us determine and identify repeat visitors, the type of content and sites to which a user of our Website links, the length of time each user spends at any particular area of our Website, and the specific functionalities that users choose to use.
We use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Website to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you.
2.3.2. Online Advertising
We may allow third-party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Quora and Bing), to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These Cookies store information about the content you are browsing together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
These Cookies also allow us and third-parties to know whether you’ve seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you’ve last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads. For more information about online advertising and how you can control or disable these cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
2.3.3. Do Not Track Signals
Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to Web browser signals or other mechanisms for the expression of choice regarding collection of information about an individual over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., Web browser “do not track” signals).
2.4. Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Content Platforms
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1. Use of the personal data
We may use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information in connection with our services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process Courses, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion; administering exams, projects, and other assessments; verifying a User’s identity as part of a proctored exam or exit interview for a Course; and monitoring performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable testing rules or requirements
- Provide services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Courses
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding ENLP and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content we provide through the services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the services
- Secure the services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
3.2. Combined Information
3.3. Aggregate/Anonymous Data
We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, statistical analyses of Website usage, and may also share such data with any third-parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
4. HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
ENLP will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third-parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Employers. We may share the information that we collect from you when you participate in a Course if the Course is sponsored or paid for by your employer. For example, we may share with your employer pre-assessment results, the Courses you are interested in, your progress in the Course, including project status, time spent actively involved in or with a Course or interacting with your mentor, and/or evaluations and performance assessments. If you make your profile public on the Website, and your employer has access to the Website, then your employer will have the ability to view your profile information and materials. This information may be shared at any time during the Course or afterwards.
- Business Partners. With your consent, ENLP may share information that can be used to directly contact you with third-party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Related Entities and Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of ENLP.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, ENLP may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, as well graduation rates, careers studies and success rates, and other demographic information provided to us by our students. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
5. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
5.1. Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the contact information section in our Legal Notice at any time. Your local laws, such as in the European Union, may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Username and email address associated with your ENLP User account;
- Courses currently or previously enrolled in;
- Approximate date of User account registration;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your User account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion.
5.2. Marketing Communications
5.3. Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
5.4. Third-party Links and Features
5.5. Children’s Privacy
ENLP is intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or General Data Protection Act in the EU) from children under the age of 18 without legally-valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
5.6. International Users
ENLP stores information about visitors to our Website and users on servers located in the European Union. By using our services, you consent to the storage of your information inside the European Union. If you are using the services from outside the European Union, please know the information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the European Union or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the European Union and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our services, you acknowledge the transfer, storing, and processing of your information in and to the European Union.
As described above, ENLP also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, service providers and others in countries other than your country of residence, including the European Union, in accordance with applicable law. Such third-parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. ENLP takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third-parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your ENLP account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
8. ENLP CONTACT INFORMATION